Wednesday, June 22, 2016
About Me
- Name: Sam
Born in 1947 in Plainview, Texas, I grew up there in the 1950s dustbowl. My mother was a schoolteacher, my father a farmer and livestock man. After detours through Houston for college, army service in El Paso, and the birth of our first daughter on a commune in Tennessee, I came back to West Texas with my wife Ina to live in 1977. An activist since my teens, I have worked to promote social justice, free speech, ecological awareness, and environmental conservation. I hold degrees from Rice University and Texas Tech University, worked at the Texas Tech University School of Medicine as a psychotherapist and instructor 1978-1999, and have been a staff member in the Texas Tech University Department of Biological Sciences since 1999. I serve as expedition photographer for the field biology consulting group of Texas Tech emeritus biology faculty member Clyde Jones, and hold the post of Secretary in The Whiskey Club, of which I am a founding member.
Previous Posts
- Jerry Brown's tiny cabin
- Test blog entry -- June 22, 2016 To accompany Jer...
- A new year, so much happening...
- The U.S. stands alone in Western Hemisphere
- Did Bush's heart skip a beat?
- What's a Poor Congressional Republican to do?
- Like a chicken fascinated by a snake...
- Heckuva a job, Mr. President!
- WiFi Cloud for entire city of Lubbock?
- Invisible Giant Air War in Iraq Now Coming Into Focus

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home